Non-Certified: Less than one year of experience with or without state certification, annual salary shown based on an 80 hour pay period.
- $20.46/Hr with a high school diploma or GED
($42,568 per year)
- $21.48/Hr with an Associate’s Degree in a law enforcement related field
($44,696 per year)
- $22.51/Hr with a Bachelor’s Degree in a law enforcement related field
($46,824 per year)
- $23.53/Hr with a Master’s Degree in a law enforcement related field
($48,953 per year)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) 5% over starting pay
Class III (Certified)
Pay Scale Prior Experience Non-GCSO
Pay Scale Prior Experience with GCSO
Duty assignments: Posts include front desk, court security, prisoner transport, and administrative support positions.
South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy: Non-Certified Class 3 deputies will complete an eight-week training program at the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office Center for Advanced Training.
Overtime Pay: Any hours worked in excess of 80 hours (bi-weekly) are compensated at a rate of time and a half.
Holiday Pay: Any hours worked during one of the 11 scheduled paid county holidays is compensated at a rate of time and a half. In addition, you will be compensated for the 8 hours of scheduled holiday pay.
- Free Standard Medical Health Insurance for employees with participation in clinical health assessment including a $500 health care reimbursement account for medical-related expenses.
- Vision Insurance.
- Free Dental Insurance for employees.
- Life Insurance (County provides $50,000, additional supplemental insurance can be purchased).
- State law enforcement retirement at 27 years of service.
- Annual leave is accrued per pay period (accrual rate depends on years of service).
- Sick leave is accrued per pay period.
- Workers’ Compensation.
- Up to $600 tuition reimbursement per course for undergraduate courses. Up to $700 tuition reimbursement per course for graduate courses.
- Be of good moral character.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A South Carolina resident when commissioned.
- A US citizen.
- Able to successfully complete a medical examination, polygraph examination, psychological assessment, drug screening, and background investigation.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Have a good driving record.
- Have a clean criminal history.
- Have a satisfactory credit history.
- Must not have a Bad Conduct Discharge or Dishonorable Discharge from the military (if applicable).
Note: Applicants must not have been convicted of a DUI within 5 years of the application date.